Microsoft has a new webcast available on managing DPM in an enterprise environment. This webcast highlights the options and tools available for managing a large number of DPM servers.
Command-line control via Powershell
- All tasks available in the GUI can also be done by Powershell;
- Additionally you can make changes to a large number of DPM server at ones;
- Find replication errors and start consistency checks;
- Modify disk allocationStart Tape inventory.
Scripting within DPM
- This can be used to perform Pre and post backup jobs;
- Useful if you need to dump a database before starting the backup.
Monitoring via Operations Manager
- With the available management pack from Microsoft you can monitor multiple DPM servers from a single interface.
Bocase Centralized manager for DPM.
- This is a third party tool for managing a large number of DPM servers;
- Provides web interface to multiple DPM servers from a single pane of glass;
- Adds role based access for DPM;
- Monitor Storage pools and tape libraries.